Usual termination rules will now apply from 26th June 2020. The removal of these temporary measures allows landlords to give termination notices to tenants under the standard Residential Tenancies Act 1986 provisions. Usual notice periods will apply from the date notices are given. Landlords who have had fixed-term agreements rollover can now send notices to terminate these tenancies. 19-06-2020 more >>
Due to covid 19 our monthly meeting and AGM will be held online via Zoom. The Zoom registration details together with the AGM documents will follow in a separate invitation email.
Matthew Holdich from ANZ will be our guest speaker. He will cover such matters as:
1. What are the economic impacts of the current crisis?
2. How might the crisis affect the property market?
3. What will happen to house prices?
4. What is the RBNZ doing to help? Will it work?
5. Is it a good opportunity for first home buyers?
6. What is the Government doing to help the economy? Will it work?
7. What is the outlook for migration?
8. Does New Zealand have a housing shortage?
9. What regions are most vulnerable to house price falls?
10. How do banks fit into all of this? 08-06-2020 more >>
Sharon Cullwick, NZ Property Investors Federation (NZPIF) Executive Officer, welcomes the extension by the Government of the deadline requiring landlords to provide Healthy Homes Compliance Statements. The original date was the 1st July 2020 and this date has been extended until the 1st of December 2020. 04-06-2020 more >>
Like everyone landlords are facing tough times due to the fall out of Covid-19. This includes loss of income, reduced wages and business losses. Here are some Government actions which would assist landlords and consequently their tenants. 01-06-2020 more >>